DecentFi (“DecentFi,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is the leading blockchain software development company. With a focus on utilizing decentralized technologies, such as Ethereum, our software is powering a revolution in commerce and finance and helping to optimize business processes. DecentFi hosts a top level domain website, www.decentfi.io, that serves information regarding DecentFi and our offerings, as well as sub-domains for our product offerings (the “Sites”), which include text, images, audio, code and other materials or third party information.
You represent to us that you are lawfully able to enter into contracts. If you are entering into this Agreement for an entity, such as the company you work for, you represent to us that you have legal authority to bind that entity. Please see Section 16 for definitions of certain capitalized terms used in this Agreement. In addition, you represent to us that you and your financial institutions, or any party that owns or controls you or your financial institutions, are (1) not subject to sanctions or otherwise designated on any list of prohibited or restricted parties, including but not limited to the lists maintained by the European Union or its Member States, or other applicable government authority.
1. The Services.
1.1 Generally. You may access and use the Services in accordance with this Agreement. You agree to comply with the terms of this Agreement and all laws, rules and regulations applicable to your use of the Service Offerings.
1.2 Offerings and Access. DecentFi offers a number of products (each a “Service”) under the DecentFi brand or brands owned by us. These include Codefi, PegaSys, Quorum, Infura, MetaMask and others. Services are accessed through the Site, unless otherwise agreed in writing or otherwise offered. Some Services may require you to create an Account, enter a valid form of payment, and select a paid plan (a “Plan”), or initiate an Order for a Plan or Service.
1.3 Third-Party Content. In certain Services, Third-Party Content may be used by you at your election. Third-Party Content is governed by this Agreement and, if applicable, separate terms and conditions accompanying such Third-Party Content, which terms and conditions may include separate fees and charges.
2.1 To the Services. We may change or discontinue any or all of the Services or change or remove functionality of any or all of the Services from time to time. We will notify you of any material change to or discontinuation of the Services. If you are on a Plan, you will be notified of any material changes to the Service at least 30 days in advance of such change. For any discontinuation of or material change to a Service, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to continue supporting the previous version of the Service for three months after the change or discontinuation (except if doing so (a) would pose a security or intellectual property issue, (b) is economically or technically burdensome, or (c) would cause us to violate the law or requests of governmental entities).
2.2 To this Agreement. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement (including any Policies) at any time. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Services following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes.
3. Your Responsibilities.
3.1 Your Accounts. Except to the extent caused by our breach of this Agreement, (a) you are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account, regardless of whether the activities are authorized by you or undertaken by you, your employees or a third party (including your contractors, agents or End Users), and (b) we and our affiliates are not responsible for unauthorized access to your Account.
3.2 Your Use. You will ensure that Your Use of the Services does not violate any applicable law. You are solely responsible for Your Use of the Services.
3.3 Your Security and Backup. You are responsible for properly configuring and using the Services and otherwise taking appropriate action to secure, protect and backup your Accounts and Your Content in a manner that will provide appropriate security and protection, which might include use of encryption.
3.4 Log-In Credentials and Account Keys. To the extent we provide you with log-in credentials and API authentication generated by the Services, such log-in credentials and API authentication are for your internal use only and you will not sell, transfer or sublicense them to any other entity or person, except that you may disclose your private key to your agents and subcontractors performing work on your behalf.
4. Fees and Payment.
4.1 Publicly Available Services. Some Services, including paid Services up to a certain use threshold, may be offered to the public and licensed on a royalty free basis.
4.2 Service Fees. Unless otherwise specified in an Order form for Services, to the extent a Service incurs fees, we calculate and bill fees and charges monthly according to your Plan or as otherwise advertised and charged on the Service (the “On Use Fees”). On Use Fees are charged contemporaneously with your use of the Services. For Services under a Plan, on the first day of each billing period, you will pay us the applicable fees (the “Base Fees”) and any applicable taxes based on the Services in the plan that you selected (the “Selected Plan”). In addition, we may, for particular Services as defined in your Order, issue an invoice to you for all charges above the applicable threshold for your Selected Plan (the “Applicable Threshold”) based on your use of the Services during the previous billing period (the “Overage Fees” and, together with the Base Fees, the “Fees”) as those Overage Fees are defined in your Plan. If you make any other changes to the Services during a billing period (e.g. upgrading or downgrading your Selected Plan), we will apply any additional charges or credits to the next billing period. We may bill you more frequently for Fees accrued if we suspect that your account is fraudulent or at risk of non-payment. You will pay us the Fees for use of the Service Offerings in U.S. dollars unless otherwise agreed to in writing. All amounts payable by you under this Agreement will be paid to us without setoff or counterclaim, and without any deduction or withholding. Fees and charges for any new Service or new feature of a Service will be effective when we communicate updated fees and charges to you, unless we expressly state otherwise in a notice. We may increase or add new fees and charges for any existing Services you are using by giving you at least 30 days’ prior notice. We may elect to charge you interest at the rate of 1.5% per month (or the highest rate permitted by law, if less) on all late payments.
4.3 Taxes. Each party will be responsible, as required under applicable law, for identifying and paying all taxes and other governmental fees and charges (and any penalties, interest, and other additions thereto) that are imposed on that party upon or with respect to the transactions and payments under this Agreement. All Fees payable by you are exclusive taxes unless otherwise noted. We reserve the right to withhold taxes where required.
5. Temporary Suspension; Limiting API Requests.
5.1 Generally. We may suspend Your right to access or use any portion or all of the Services immediately upon notice to you if we determine:
(a) your use of the Services
- (i) poses a security risk to the Services or any third party,
- (ii) could adversely impact our systems, the Services or the systems of any other user,
- (iii) could subject us, our affiliates, or any third party to liability, or
- (iv) could be fraudulent;
(b) you are, or any End User is, in breach of this Agreement;
(c) you are in breach of your payment obligations under Section 4 and such breach continues for 30 days or longer; or
(d) for entities, you have ceased to operate in the ordinary course, made an assignment for the benefit of creditors or similar disposition of your assets, or become the subject of any bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution or similar proceeding.
5.2 Effect of Suspension. If we suspend your right to access or use any portion or all of the Services:
- (a) you remain responsible for all Fees and charges you incur during the period of suspension; and
- (b) you will not be entitled to any service credits for any period of suspension.
5.3 Limiting API Requests. If applicable to a particular Service, we retain sole discretion to limit your usage of the Services (including without limitation by limiting the number of API requests you may submit (“API Requests”)) at any time if your usage of the Services exceeds the applicable Threshold for your Selected Plan of Service.
6. Term; Termination.
6.1 Term. The term of this Agreement will commence on the Effective Date and will remain in effect until terminated under this Section 6. Any notice of termination of this Agreement by either party to the other must include a Termination Date that complies with the notice periods in Section 6.2.
(a) Termination for Convenience. You may terminate this Agreement for any reason by, in the case of Plan’s not requiring an Account, ceasing use of the service. In the case of paid Plan(s) or Plan(s) requiring an account, only in accordance with your Order. In the case of Plan’s not requiring an Account, we may terminate this Agreement for any reason by providing you at least 30 days’ written notice. In the case of paid Plan(s) or Plan(s) requiring an account, we may terminate only in accordance with your Order.
(b) Termination for Cause.
- (i) By Either Party. Either party may terminate this Agreement for cause if the other party is in material breach of this Agreement and the material breach remains uncured for a period of 30 days from receipt of notice by the other party.
- (ii) By Us. We may also terminate this Agreement immediately upon notice to you
- (A) for cause if we have the right to suspend under Section 5,
- (B) if our relationship with a third-party partner who provides software or other technology we use to provide the Services expires, terminates or requires us to change the way we provide the software or other technology as part of the Services, or
- (C) in order to comply with the law or requests of governmental entities.
6.3 Effect of Termination. Upon the Termination Date:
- (i) all your rights under this Agreement immediately terminate;
- (ii) each party remains responsible for all fees and charges it has incurred through the Termination Date and are responsible for any fees and charges it incurs during the post-termination period;
- (iii) Sections 3, 4, 6.3, 7 (except the license granted to you in Section 7.2), 8, 9, 10, 11 and 14 will continue to apply in accordance with their terms. For any use of the Services after the Termination Date, the terms of this Agreement will again apply and, if your use is for a paid Plan, you will pay the applicable fees at the rates under Section 4.
7. Proprietary Rights.
7.1 Your Content. Depending on the Service, you may share Content with us. Except as provided in this Section 7, we obtain no rights under this Agreement from you (or your licensors) to Your Content. You consent to our use of Your Content to provide the Services to you.
7.2 Service Offerings License. We or our licensors own all right, title, and interest in and to the Services, and all related technology and intellectual property rights. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, we grant you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license to do the following: (a) access and use the Services solely in accordance with this Agreement; and (b) copy and use Our Content solely in connection with your permitted use of the Services. Except as provided in this Section 7.2, you obtain no rights under this Agreement from us, our affiliates or our licensors to the Service Offerings, including any related intellectual property rights. Some of Our Content and Third-Party Content may be provided to you under a separate license, such as the Apache License, Version 2.0, or other open source license. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any separate license, the separate license will prevail with respect to Our Content or Third-Party Content that is the subject of such separate license.
7.3 License Restrictions. Neither you nor any End User will use the Services in any manner or for any purpose other than as expressly permitted by this Agreement. Except as expressly authorized, neither you nor any End User will, or will attempt to (a) modify, distribute, alter, tamper with, repair, or otherwise create derivative works of any Content included in the Services (except to the extent Content included in the Services is provided to you under a separate license that expressly permits the creation of derivative works), (b) reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile the Services or apply any other process or procedure to derive the source code of any software included in the Services (except to the extent applicable law doesn’t allow this restriction), (c) access or use the Services in a way intended to avoid incurring fees or exceeding usage limits or quotas, (d) use scraping techniques to mine or otherwise scrape data except as permitted by a Plan, or (e) resell or sublicense the Services unless otherwise agreed in writing. You will not use Our Marks unless you obtain our prior written consent. You will not misrepresent or embellish the relationship between us and you (including by expressing or implying that we support, sponsor, endorse, or contribute to you or your business endeavors). You will not imply any relationship or affiliation between us and you except as expressly permitted by this Agreement.
7.4 Suggestions. If you provide any Suggestions to us or our affiliates, we and our affiliates will be entitled to use the Suggestions without restriction. You hereby irrevocably assign to us all right, title, and interest in and to the Suggestions and agree to provide us any assistance we require to document, perfect, and maintain our rights in the Suggestions.
- (a) You will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless us, our affiliates and licensors, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, and representatives from and against any Losses arising out of or relating to any claim concerning: (a) breach of this Agreement or violation of applicable law by you; and (b) a dispute between you and any of your customers or users. You will reimburse us for reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, associated with claims described in (a) and (b) above.
- (b) We will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless you and your employees, officers, directors, and representatives from and against any Losses arising out of or relating to any claim concerning our material and intentional breach of this Agreement. We will reimburse you for reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses associated with the claims described in this paragraph.
8.2 Intellectual Property.
- (a) Subject to the limitations in this Section 8, you will defend DecentFi, its affiliates, and their respective employees, officers, and directors against any third-party claim alleging that any of Your Content infringes or misappropriates that third party’s intellectual property rights, and will pay the amount of any adverse final judgment or settlement.
- (b) Subject to the limitations in this Section 8, we will defend you and your employees, officers, and directors against any third-party claim alleging that the Services infringe or misappropriate that third party’s intellectual property rights, and will pay the amount of any adverse final judgment or settlement.
- (c) Neither party will have obligations or liability under this Section 8.2 arising from infringement by your combinations of the Services with any other product, service, software, data, content or method. In addition, we will have no obligations or liability arising from your use of the Services after we have notified you to discontinue such use. The remedies provided in this Section
8.2 are the sole and exclusive remedies for any third-party claims of infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property rights by the Services or by Your Content.
8.3 Process. In no event will a party agree to any settlement of any claim that involves any commitment, other than the payment of money, without the written consent of the other party.
9. Disclaimers; Risk.
9.1 DISCLAIMER. THE SERVICE OFFERINGS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, OR TO THE EXTENT ANY STATUTORY RIGHTS APPLY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED, LIMITED OR WAIVED, WE AND OUR AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS (A) MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE REGARDING THE SERVICE OFFERINGS OR THE THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, AND (B) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTIES (I) OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR QUIET ENJOYMENT, (II) ARISING OUT OF ANY COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, (III) THAT THE SERVICE OFFERINGS OR THIRD-PARTY CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE OR FREE OF HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND (IV) THAT ANY CONTENT WILL BE SECURE OR NOT OTHERWISE LOST OR ALTERED.
9.2 RISKS. OUR SERVICES RELY ON EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES, SUCH AS ETHEREUM. SOME SERVICES ARE SUBJECT TO INCREASED RISK THROUGH YOUR POTENTIAL MISUSE OF THINGS SUCH AS PUBLIC/PRIVATE KEY CRYPTOGRAPHY. BY USING THE SERVICES YOU EXPLICITLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THESE HEIGHTENED RISKS.
10. Limitations of Liability.
10.1 Limitation of Liability. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CLAIMS RELATING TO A BREACH OF OUR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AS GOVERNED BY SECTION 7 AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY CLAIMS AS GOVERNED BY SECTION 8, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF EACH PARTY TOGETHER WITH ALL OF ITS AFFILIATES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU HEREUNDER FOR THE SERVICES GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY IN THE TWELVE MONTHS PRECEDING THE FIRST INCIDENT OUT OF WHICH THE LIABILITY AROSE, OR, IF NO FEES HAVE BEEN PAID, $25,000. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION WILL APPLY WHETHER AN ACTION IS IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, BUT WILL NOT LIMIT YOUR PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS UNDER SECTION 4.
10.2 Exclusion of Consequential and Related Damages. IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, GOODWILL, OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, COVER, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER AN ACTION IS IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF A PARTY OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR IF A PARTY’S OR ITS AFFILIATES’ REMEDY OTHERWISE FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW.
11.1 Assignment. You will not assign or otherwise transfer this Agreement or any of your rights and obligations under this Agreement, without our prior written consent. Any assignment or transfer in violation of this Section 12.1 will be void. We may assign this Agreement without your consent (a) in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of all or substantially all of our assets, or (b) to any Affiliate or as part of a corporate reorganization; and effective upon such assignment, the assignee is deemed substituted for us as a party to this Agreement and we are fully released from all of our obligations and duties to perform under this Agreement. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement will be binding upon, and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
11.2 Entire Agreement and Modifications. This Agreement incorporates the Policies by reference and is the entire agreement between you and us regarding the subject matter of this Agreement. If the terms of this document are inconsistent with the terms contained in any Policy, the terms contained in this document will control. Any modification to the terms of this Agreement may only be made in writing.
11.3 Force Majeure. Neither party nor their respective affiliates will be liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation under this Agreement where the delay or failure results from any cause beyond such party’s reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, utilities or other telecommunications failures, cyber attacks, earthquake, storms or other elements of nature, pandemics, blockages, embargoes, riots, acts or orders of government, acts of terrorism, or war.
11.4 Export and Sanctions Compliance. In connection with this Agreement, you will comply with all applicable import, re-import, sanctions, anti-boycott, export, and re-export control laws and regulations, including all such laws and regulations that may apply. For clarity, you are solely responsible for compliance related to the manner in which you choose to use the Services. You may not use any Service if you are the subject of U.S. sanctions or of sanctions consistent with U.S. law imposed by the governments of the country where you are using the Service.
11.5 Independent Contractors; Non-Exclusive Rights. We and you are independent contractors, and this Agreement will not be construed to create a partnership, joint venture, agency, or employment relationship. Neither party, nor any of their respective affiliates, is an agent of the other for any purpose or has the authority to bind the other. Both parties reserve the right (a) to develop or have developed for it products, services, concepts, systems, or techniques that are similar to or compete with the products, services, concepts, systems, or techniques developed or contemplated by the other party, and (b) to assist third party developers or systems integrators who may offer products or services which compete with the other party’s products or services.
11.7 Language. All communications and notices made or given pursuant to this Agreement must be in the English language. If we provide a translation of the English language version of this Agreement, the English language version of the Agreement will control if there is any conflict.
- (a) To You. We may provide any notice to you under this Agreement by: (i) posting a notice on the Site; or (ii) sending a message to the email address then associated with your Account. Notices we provide by posting on the Site will be effective upon posting and notices we provide by email will be effective when we send the email. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current. You will be deemed to have received any email sent to the email address then associated with your account when we send the email, whether or not you actually receive the email.
- (b) To Us. To give us notice under this Agreement, you must contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12.9 No Third-Party Beneficiaries. Except as otherwise set forth herein, this Agreement does not create any third-party beneficiary rights in any individual or entity that is not a party to this Agreement.
12.10 No Waivers. The failure by us to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a present or future waiver of such provision nor limit our right to enforce such provision at a later time. All waivers by us must be in writing to be effective.
12.11 Severability. If any portion of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining portions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect. Any invalid or unenforceable portions will be interpreted to effect and intent of the original portion. If such construction is not possible, the invalid or unenforceable portion will be severed from this Agreement but the rest of the Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
12.12 Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement. If you are a copyright owner or agent of the owner, and you believe that your copyright or the copyright of a person on whose behalf you are authorized to act has been infringed, please provide us a written notice at the address below with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Services;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
You can reach us at:
Subject Line: Copyright Notification Mail
Unit G.0.4, Ground Floor, WestOne, Europort Road, GX11 1AA, Gibraltar
“Acceptable Use Policy” means the policy set forth below, as it may be updated by us from time to time. You agree not to, and not to allow third parties to, use the Services:
- 1. to violate, or encourage the violation of, the legal rights of others (for example, this may include allowing End Users to infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of others in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act);
- 2. to engage in, promote or encourage any illegal or harmful activity or infringing, offensive or harmful content;
- 3. for any unlawful, invasive, infringing, defamatory or fraudulent purpose (for example, this may include phishing, creating a pyramid scheme or mirroring a website);
- 4. to intentionally distribute viruses, worms, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or other items of a destructive or deceptive nature;
- 5. to interfere with the use of the Services, or the equipment used to provide the Services, by customers, authorized resellers, or other authorized users;
- 6. to disable, interfere with or circumvent any aspect of the Services (for example, any thresholds or limits);
- 7. to generate, distribute, publish or facilitate unsolicited mass email, promotions, advertising or other solicitation; or
- 8. to use the Services, or any interfaces provided with the Services, to access any other product or service in a manner that violates the terms of service of such other product or service.